My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds.
If not, visit http://jessicabrody.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 24, 2008

The Brits Love Their Honey

You've gotta love the web. You can find everything about anything or anyone at any hour of the day. I'm honestly not sure what we did before it? I'm trying to remember....nope, just can't do it. Although something called an Encyclopedia seems to ring a bell.

For instance, the other day I found a website for a real-life agency in the UK that you can pay to send a hot man or woman to test the fidelity of your spouse or significant other. That's right. A real-life fidelity inspector, just like the main character in my novel. And here I thought I was just being extremely creative.

Try locating "Fidelity Inspector" in the Encyclopedia Britannica. Exactly. Hmmm....just give me a second to pull this giant "F" volume from the shelf here...

And after locating this agency, which appropriately calls themselves "Honey Trappers," I got curious and wanted to see who else was talking about Honey Trappers and Fidelity Inspectors on the world wide web. And for a country like America that is so in love with our sex scandals, I found surprisingly little information here on our own cyber shores but much to choose from abroad, particularly in the UK. Apparently, the Brits are not taking this infidelity thing lying down (so to speak).

For example, in my search, I came across this article: http://ridethelightning.senseient.com/2008/02/brits-hire-hott.html, written by the Sharon D. Nelson, Esq., President of Sensei Enterprises, a computer forensics and electronic evidence company. The article explores this so-called Honey Trapping phenomenon across the pond where the business of testing your loved ones appears to be booming. Essentially these PIs are hired to show up at the subject in question's favorite local pub or other highly frequented location and flirt with them to see if they take the bait. And according to this article, 80% of these "sting" operations fail.

A surprisingly high percentage? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, "Not." Because let's break this down. What kind of women (and men) are going to be hiring these kind of agencies in the first place? The suspicious kinds. And if you take into consideration women's (and men's) keen intuition when it comes to matters of the heart, this is not an 80% failure rate, but rather an 80% success rate. 80% of these women (and men) were correct in their suspicions and had good reason to hire the agency in the first place.

But then of course there's the question of whether or not a test like this is an accurate measuring of someone's faithful tendencies. But I think I'll leave that honey trap of a subject for another time.

No comments:

Blog Description

Jessica Brody, author of the forthcoming novel, The Fidelity Files, explores the thorny topic of infidelity in modern-day society