My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds.
If not, visit http://jessicabrody.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Return of the Save the Cat Novel Workshop!

Attention, writers!!! Back by popular demand (I've always wanted to say that!), I'm doing another SAVE THE CAT Novel-Writing Beat Sheet Workshop!


I was thrilled when the kind people over at Blake Snyder Enterprises (publishers of the SAVE THE CAT books and software) asked me to teach another class. And of course, I said yes!


The workshop is two-days in Los Angeles, CA and takes place over the weekend of March 3rd and 4th.


All the details, including price and what you will learn can be found here: http://www.blakesnyder.com/services/novel-writing-beat-sheet-workshop/


And if you have absolutely NO idea what I'm talking about and are thinking to yourself, "Save the WHAT?", then let me fill you in:


I owe my entire novel-writing career to Save the Cat! A book series by the genius Blake Snyder about how to outline any story in the world. He calls his trusty "formula," the "Blake Snyder Beat Sheet", and it consists of 15 "beats" (or story points) that fit into pretty much any movie ever made. And I've adapted them to novels to help me outline all my books. Since starting to use the Blake Snyder Beat Sheet, I've sold nine novels. Yep...NINE! I don't think that's a coincidence! Now, I never start writing another book until I've got my trusted 15 beats in place. 


And during this two-day workshop, I'm going to teach you exactly how I do it!


Basically it works like this: you come to the workshop with an idea for your next novel (all genres welcome!), the group  spends the next two days working through the 15 beats of each of your ideas, and by the end of the weekend, you have a sturdy (unbeatable!) outline to start writing your book with! 


Space is extremely limited. There are only SIX spots open for this class. So ACT FAST! 


Oh, and if you want to read the beat sheet for THE KARMA CLUB that I published on Blake Snyder's blog, click here!


Hope to see you there! Happy writing, writers!


Jessica



1 comment:

Mart Ramirez said...

I sooo wish I could go! :-}

Blog Description

Jessica Brody, author of the forthcoming novel, The Fidelity Files, explores the thorny topic of infidelity in modern-day society