My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds.
If not, visit http://jessicabrody.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Guest Star: Kelly Parra!


Hey everyone! I'm so excited to be part of a fantastic new community of authors called the Girlfriends Cyber Circuit where we host members on our blogs to help them promote their books!

So my very first hosted member is the fabulous, Ms. Kelly Parra who writes edgy YA novels. Her first book, Graffiti Girl has done extremely well and her latest release, Invisible Touch just hit bookstores this fall from MTV Books! I was fortunate enough to be able to ask Kelly some questions about herself and her writing process. And here they are!


1. How do you come up with the names for your characters?

Good question. I'm actually a pretty visual writer. I like to picture the characters in my mind, and then find the perfect fit with a name. Sometimes if I can't come up with something unique I'll scan the Internet or even the phone book to make the right match.

2. What's your favorite part about the publishing process? Your least favorite part?

Besides writing the book as my favorite part, I LOVE reading the galleys for the first time and seeing how the book's layout will potentially look in published form. My least favorite part is promotion, it takes a lot of hard work and lots of savvy to pull off good promo. :)

3. If your book were to be made into a movie, who could you see playing the lead role?

Kara would be possibly be Vanessa Hudgens.
Anthony would be a younger Milo Ventimiglia.

4. Since becoming a writer, what's the most glamorous thing you've ever done?

It might not seem very glamourous to some writers, but to a simple gal like me it was attending the Romance Writers of America RITA ceremony. The dresses were glam, the show fab. It was an experience to remember.

5. If you could be a superhero, what would you superpower be?

It would be transport anywhere by just a thought. That would be so cool. New York, no problem. Hawaii, just one second. :)

More information about Kelly Parra and her novels can be found on her website: www.KellyParra.com. Check it out!

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Hi Jessica! Thanks so much for having me on your blog!

Buffalo Garage Door Repairs said...

Hi great reading yoour post

Blog Description

Jessica Brody, author of the forthcoming novel, The Fidelity Files, explores the thorny topic of infidelity in modern-day society