My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds.
If not, visit http://jessicabrody.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 2, 2009

German Release Day

Guten Tag!

Today is the official release date of the German translation of The Fidelity Files.

The title has been translated to: Treuetest (which means "loyalty test" or "fidelity test") and Random House Germany released it today!

Thanks to the wonderfully talented, Ursula Christine Sturm, who translated my 127,000 rambling words into the German language (INCLUDING my four pages of acknowledgments!) I think she deserves a medal. Although, to be fair, I have no idea how well she did. I just have to trust that those pages upon pages of German text are even remotely similar to the manuscript I turned in two years ago.

In case any of you blog readers out there speak German, know someone who speaks German, want to impress a German-speaking potential mate, or just want a good, entertaining German book to stare at without understanding a single word, pick up your copy on amazon.de. Or visit the publisher's page for more purchase options.

I got my author copies of the other day and I'll tell you, it's pretty freaking cool looking! But I realize, I might be just a tad bit biased.

Auf Wiedersehen! (That means good bye...courtesy of Google Translate, of course)

1 comment:

Alyson Noel said...

Aw, "Gluckwunshe" to you (I got that off the card attached to the German Champagne you gave me which lives on my bulletin board now--the card not the champagne, we drank that, remember??)

Oh, and I LOVE the cover!! Germany is so lucky to have your awesome book newly available to them!

Blog Description

Jessica Brody, author of the forthcoming novel, The Fidelity Files, explores the thorny topic of infidelity in modern-day society